Not really part of the dashboard configuration but more of a cool thing I thought I’d share the underlying layers (hardware, OS etc) behind our monitor.
I decided to go with full portability and hands free start-up, I did this as follows:
- Installed Puppy Linux on a 2gb USB stick.
- Installed Firefox 3.x (needed for the Autohide extension).
- Installed Autohide extension (auto hides parts of Firefox and forces full screen on start-up).
- Found an old derelict PC and plugged it in, started up, configured the video display (once off on start-up).
- Configured the build monitor as per previous posts.
- Changed the start-up of Puppy Linux to auto start Firefox.
And there you go:
One thought on “Implementing an Effective Build Dashboard (for Hudson) (Part 3)”
Thats to awesome!